Integrated circuits are mostly built on Silicon wafer material. Many different devices - like transistors, diodes or capacitors - are connected by multiple interconnect layers. Thin film and furnace processes are followed by masking steps which consist of a structuring lithography process and a subsequnet etch process. These sequencies require intensive metrology processes to keep the process in a certain window. MueTec
offers a wide variety of metrology and measurement processes, like:
- Critical Dimension or CD Measurement like active area, gate length or contact diameter
- Modern manufacturing processes consist of 30 and more masking levels which have to be perfect in Overlay
- Film thickness measurement of transparent films like Oxide, Nitride or Photo resist
- Defects and their reduction play a important role in the overall profitability of a manufacturing line. Therefore Defect Inspection and Review are important tools for engineers to increase yield.
- Since Silicon is transparent to IR radiation - we are utilizing this optical band for Infrared Inspection & Measurement to look deep into the wafer structure without damaging it.
- As a new feature we are developing a 3D measurement capability geared towards profile and topography evaluation.